Monday, May 24, 2010

So...I was offered a job last week

I should've posted this sooner, but I was offered a job last week by L'Arche in Spokane! I wanted to ponder it more before I posted...? I guess I wasn't super-excited because it's not in SoCal, and the pay is hard to get by on...though a host of other benefits. I really liked the idea of getting to know people quite different from me, and learning to communicate in non-verbal ways, that verbal isn't the primary means of communicating...but I always love ideas, the reality is always harder--"iconoclastic," as C.S. Lewis would say. So, after deliberating and discussing with some friends, I decided the pay really wasn't enough for me now. So, I declined. But I applied to L'Arche in Kansas because the pay is better, live-able. Keeping myself in check, though, that I'm not doing this just for the money...

My legs are asleep. Can't count how many times that's happened this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment