Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Questions about job

What is most important to me? Learning to take care of a home, walk through daily life with people? Living close to family and friends? Friends move, I’m not that close to family…but maybe I can make the effort to reach out to family if I commit to staying here. I want to stay here because it feels more continuous than moving away to Kansas or Washington. Is there a big difference if I live in La Verne/Chino or Overland Park? Is it just the thought of moving again that’s overwhelming? I don’t think I should limit my search to 20 miles from La Mirada, but still…

Looking at Hillview Acres more closely, it looks like it would provide more counseling-y experience than L’Arche…

I think I want to commit to something, not just do something for a year or even two, and then take off. I want to commit to a cause worth committing to, a people, a place. In a word? Covenant.

How important is the suburban/urban/rural context decision? What about the level of interaction with peers? For this chapter of my life, what have you made clear to commit to? What are things I can want but trust you to provide, work out in your way, your time? What about the group of people to work with? Children? Abused? Adults with developmental disabilities? What have you given me a heart for? What can I grow in?

No comments:

Post a Comment