Thursday, May 13, 2010

Grateful bummer



Spokane, Washington--I might end up here!

Well, all this wondering and pondering about teaching in Oakland is over--I just received an email gently un-accepting me for this year's cohort. I have to say, it's one of the few, if only, times I'm grateful to be rejected! :) Yesterday, I pretty much reconciled myself to the fact that teaching children in the inner city in a public school might not be the best route for me in this stage of my life.

So, on to possibilities that hopefully mesh better:

~I've been recommended to L'Arche in Spokane, Washington. I should be hearing from them next week for an interview. I looked up some photos there, and it looks gorgeous! I might be back in the Pacific Northwest!
~I heard from the Kansas church that their other candidate has been delayed in interviewing, so I won't know for another month maybe if they want me! At this point, I'm cool with that, so I can think it through more...
~An acquaintance in Portland suggested her workplace, that coaches college students, to me! It sounds like almost too good to be true!

As I talk with more folk, a few things in this limbo, interim, transitional time is certain:

-->pray
-->get anchored to a church
-->pray

And of course, success inevitably follows!

No comments:

Post a Comment