Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ohmigosh, I've never (for a while...) been so excited about a job!

So, an acquaintance suggested I look up jobs on Biola's job posting site, and I checked it today and got SUPER excited! I've barely been able to contain my joy! It's a case manager position in Bellflower to help those at risk of homelessness get stable housing! When I read the job description and qualifications, I could hardly believe it! It seemed to match both the skills I want to sharpen (ie. counseling) and my experience (liaising with different groups, working with the homeless) thus far! Like my last 6-10 years has tailor-made me for this! I don't want to presume, so I'm praying for trust and faithfulness...please pray for me, too.

I was also really excited to see that it's nearby (I might not have to move), that the church in Bellflower is quite involved (which encourages me that the kingdom is alive and active in SoCal!), AND it seems meaningful to me because it's in pursuit of justice. Woohoo! Ok, maybe I should wait and see if I get the job, and then celebrate...but it has been immensely hope-giving for the last 5-ish hours, that such jobs and contexts exist! And hope is incredibly motivating and joy-giving...and making me do a little skip and hop every now and then...

Ok, Imma gonna go to bed now. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment