Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Decisions, discernment

(Somehow, these two go together)

Thoughts, wisdom, prayers much needed and appreciated for deciding about accepting an offer to join L'Arche in Kansas--I need to decide by this Monday. I wasn't offered the case manager job that I was off-the-walls excited about, and initially wasn't excited about L'Arche, but lately am seeing the possibilities and goodness. One year commitment, with first three months probation, so doesn't feel overwhelming.

Observing at a group home tomorrow for residential counselor position. 18 month commitment. Haven't been offered the job yet.

Don't know if it's better to stay local, off to Kansas, or wait for a job in a location that draws me more, ie. Oregon.

Hoping if I go to Kansas, I can find spots of refreshing beauty, kindred spirits.

2 comments:

  1. Ingrid, whether you choose Bellflower or Portland, or even a place like Kansas, I have the feeling that you will find beautiful spots and kindred spirits no matter where you go. Even in the midst of cement, there are at the very least little spots like Sutherland courtyard!

    And, Ingrid, you are such a sweet hostess, that you attract so many people. Thanks for the quinoa and slumber party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement, friend! Ahh, Sutherland courtyard in the midst of cement-well said! Good times.

    ReplyDelete