Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beyond my circumscribed world

So, today I experienced once again the joys and wonders of public transportation. Thought it an interesting coincidence when I met a fellow passenger again on my return trip--I had met her earlier on the way "to". Anyways, she starts talking and won't stop. I debate between reading "The Externally Focused Church" and actually engaging. We wait like 20 min. for the bus, me silently hoping it'll come sooner, but to no avail. Well, I decide to invite her to church, seeing as it's on Imperial Hwy. and therefore accessible via bus. She accepts my bulletin with the address but comments that it's Father's Day; she might be busy. We exchange phone numbers.

Just now, I was reading reviews of C.S. Lewis books, and something made me think of how our world is bigger than just ourselves. And that makes me think of today--that maybe it wasn't just an coincidence that intersected Amalia's and my paths; perhaps God's trying to reach her. Which, really, isn't that much of a stretch in plausibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment