Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The end of the beginning! or something...


After pondering, chewing, theorizing, hemming-and-hawing, I have finally decided to begin a blog! Acknowledging my ability to ramble, I will focus this first entry in:

~choosing a blog name didn't turn out to be much of a "choice" after all--all the other options were taken! Look these up if you want to find my alter egos: disciplineofgratitude, underthemercy, dailymiracle, quotidianmysteries, and deepgladness.

~I will not use this blog: as a replacement for engaging in real flesh-and-blood (and phone) relationships, an excuse to waste excessive time...call me (graciously) on it if you see me heading this way...

~I will use this blog to: keep connected with friends and family, dispersed and near; discipline myself to write daily because I love writing but I realize I need motivation in the form of time constraint and audience to actually write regularly; and to chronicle daily joys and agitations--the various gifts we are surprised with in an economy ruled, not by scarcity, but by abundant grace. Hence, the blog name. (And, an aspiration for viewing and orienting my life.)

~Gifts of this who-knows-how-long season in my life? (written a few days after arriving home)

*incredible sunshine-y weather: warm, but not hot; bill0wy clouds, silver lining
*troubleshooting connecting to the Internet in my parents' home and succeeding after various methods (the answer was surprisingly simple)
*difficult, but en-couraging, convos with family
*connections to potential employer organizations yesterday via network of friends
*comfortable home
*access to phone
*Korean food: simple but yum
*putting together my scrapbook of farewell cards from beloved friends in Vancouver, smiling, in awe of and thankful for the loving friends God has graced me with. I really don't deserve their care and kindness...

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful photo! Ingrid, I am so glad you are finally starting a blog. I have long wanted others to see your unique and delightful views on life...and those idyllic moments you are so good at describing. I look forward to our road trip in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete