Monday, July 26, 2010

So...I guess I still have a shot

I thought I would have heard back by last Friday if I was going to be interviewed for a job, but I heard today that I should hear back by this week's end about an interview. I'm not terribly optimistic about it, since I'm guessing I would've been contacted sooner rather than later, but I guess I don't know their timeline, and I can still hope...and pray. I must pray. So easy to get caught up in desperate longing and lose sight of what's most important--keeping in tune with the Spirit and moving in faithful obedience. Which means applying to lots of jobs this week. Which is easy to lose heart in. Please pray for me to press on.

Oh--and this job is directing spiritual formation at Warner Pacific, a small Christian college in Portland--would combine many things I would love to do: coordinate chapel, pastorally counsel college students, speak in chapel...the last one would be the one I have the least experience in, but I would love to grow in it, to be able to communicate biblical-theological truth in a relevant way to college students. How cool would that be for a job???? And in Portland! There's an intentional Christian community I could live with that lives really close to the school. Hard not to get my hopes up.

Grazie.

No comments:

Post a Comment